Sunday, December 6, 2009

Take time out for Christmas


I was asked ( or was it conned?) to sing in the choir for the WI Christmas carol service. well I have just got back and it was the most delightful service ( even our singing was ok!)
As I sat there I looked around the old chapel, the organ, the carvings in the wood, the pews, the lit candles, the arched ceiling and thought of all the people who had been there over the years.It was lovely to take a pause from busy life, to sit in the quiet, to listen to poems and to sing out those wonderful Christmas Carols.
Take time out to reflect, go on you will feel much more in the Christmas mood, I know I am!!

5 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

It sounds wonderful!

Kolleen said...

what a lovely voice! I am sure you have the voice of an angel!!! i am happy you too that moment to reflect and take it all in!! happy holiday season to you!!

veedubz said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

Soggibottom said...

Ah, sounds lovely, bet all your voices sounded great in such a beautiful setting x x x

tractorgirl said...

Thanks for following my blog AND entering my giveaway. And your paintings are sweet! x Julie